In modern medicine, many groups of diseases are distinguished, one of which is fungal disease. Essentially, this human disease is related to any infection of his body by pathogenic fungi. These microorganisms can infect internal organs and skin or nails. In today's material, our resources will consider in detail the phenomenon of onychomycosis-fungal infection of the toenails, and ways to get rid of it. For a detailed description of the disease itself and the principles of its treatment with folk remedies, please read below.
Learn to recognize toenail fungus
Foot onychomycosis is the scientific name for the pathology associated with the failure of fungal pathogens of the skin of the nails and legs. Today, this type of disease is no longer so common because of the very high level of hygiene and care.
Nevertheless, it is impossible to completely rule out cases of foot onychomycosis infection. In view of this, anyone must understand the symptoms of toenail fungal infections.
Before paying attention to the specific signs of pathology, you should consider its potential pathogens. According to official statistics, the following types of fungi can cause foot onychomycosis:
- Pro-human-only spread from person to person;
- zooanthropophilous-infects humans and animals;
- Candida-This is a conditional pathogenic microorganism that can infect any organism under certain unfavorable factors.
Regardless of the pathogen of the nail fungus, the nature of the pathological manifestations is always the same.
The typical signs of infection are as follows:
- Yellow, black, brown or green defects (spots, streaks, cracks) appear in the nail tissue structure;
- The affected nail gradually thickens;
- Keratosis and peeling near the lying skin;
- Itching, burning, or other discomfort in the affected tissue area.
With the prevalence of severe infections and fungal microbial communities, this disease can be supplemented by purulent inflammation under the nail or on the side of the nail and the spread of the infection to the skin of the feet. In this case, stratification of the affected tissue and leg pain are usually observed. It is best not to treat late-stage fungus by yourself and see a dermatologist to organize the best course of treatment.
It is not difficult to prevent the first infection or reinfection of the foot with fungus. To do this, it is enough not to use other people's personal belongings, keep the immunity level always at a high level, always follow personal hygiene rules and try to exclude contact with potential fungal carriers (stray dogs, cats, soil). By following simple rules and monitoring the condition of nails, anyone can prevent the development of fungal infections and their consequences.
The best folk remedies to fight disease
In the early stages of nail fungus on the legs or when it is generally frivolous, traditional medicine is allowed as a basis for treatment. However, before using any folk remedies, it is important to be familiar with the basic procedures for the treatment of onychomycosis of the foot. These include:
- Take a warm foot bath before each foot treatment. In addition to steaming, disinfecting and cleaning the affected tissues, nail files and tweezers should be used to remove thickened nails and loose skin regularly. For these procedures, it is best to use disposable instruments, as the main instruments require subsequent disinfection. The optimal duration of the water program is 20 minutes. The number of repetitions should not be less than the number of organized measures against fungi. Adding a few tablespoons of regular soda in the bathtub will help speed up the treatment of onychomycosis of the feet, which can kill any type of fungal flora.
- Use only sterile and comfortable footwear-socks, tights, shoes, etc. During treatment, it is important to avoid excessive sweating and friction in the legs, as these factors can complicate the fight against fungus.
- Follow safety rules to minimize the risk of infecting others. At the very least, it is important to avoid other people from using the patient’s personal belongings and to warn all family members about the pathological process. Otherwise, the real fungus epidemic will begin.
As for the specific folk remedies, in terms of fighting fungi, the most effective are:
- Vinegar creates an acidic environment in the affected tissues and naturally kills pathogenic microorganisms. For the treatment of nail fungus, use 70% vinegar essence or 6% or 9% vinegar. You can use liquids in many ways. In most cases, vinegar is mixed with skin ointment in a ratio of 1: 1 and applied to the affected tissue. After 10 hours of application, the substance must be washed off with soap. It is also very popular to add 200 ml of vinegar to a 3-5 liter foot bath, where the affected feet should not be soaked for more than 15 minutes. To avoid the risk of scalding due to vinegar, it is recommended to use it no more than 3-4 times a week until the fungus is completely eliminated.
- Onion and garlic juice, due to their unique bactericidal properties, can kill all kinds of fungi. In the case of using this traditional medicine, you don't need to invent anything. Apply enough vegetable juice on the affected nails and skin every day. The best application frequency is 2 times a day (morning and evening). There is no need to clean or otherwise dispose of the place where the product is applied. The onion and garlic treatment process continues until the fungus is completely eliminated.
- Hydrogen peroxide is used to combat fairly serious nail fungal infections. The best way to use it is to apply a special cotton ball to the affected tissue. During the operation, you need to mix 1 part of soda water, 8 parts of water and 1 part of 3% hydrogen peroxide, and then apply the resulting substance on a cotton swab or gauze, and apply a compress to the affected area. Bandages applied 4-5 times a week are sufficient for 8-10 hours. The course of treatment does not exceed 1 month, because the negative effects of compression on healthy tissues are possible.
All the remedies mentioned are very effective in fighting nail fungus.
It is best not to combine their reception, otherwise there will be no specificity of using traditional medicine to treat onychomycosis of the foot. If the self-treatment is not effective after 2-4 weeks, it is best not to risk further development of the fungus and seek the help of a professional dermatologist. Expert guarantees can help you quickly get rid of unpleasant foot lesions.
Affordable and safe antifungal drugs
If the proper effect of traditional medicine is not observed, you can try to remove the fungus on your legs with the help of professional products from pharmacies. This group of drugs is called antifungal drugs and has several pharmacological changes. Safe, affordable and effective self-medication are:
- Ointments and gels;
- Special varnish for nails.
It is not advisable to use tablets and other forms of antifungal drugs for oral administration without a doctor's prescription. Such funds can adversely affect the work of many body systems, and if used improperly, they can cause extremely unpleasant consequences.
Some antifungal drugs can be taken without a doctor's prescription, but they must be taken exactly as directed. Usually, drops, ointments, and creams are needed 2-3 times a day, which can completely get rid of fungal infections of your toenails within 1-3 months.
The special nail polish does not have its own leader and is still very effective against fungi. This varnish is completely colorless and much weaker than ointments, drops or creams. Nevertheless, with the extension of the use time-8-12 months, the effect of the varnish can be observed, and the effect is significant. It is very possible that a flimsy fungus will completely win.
notes! Combining pharmacy antifungal agents with traditional medical methods is not advisable. This tandem can cause damage to the healthy tissues of the foot. Don't forget that treatment should be moderate.
The use of medicinal materials is one of the few measures that can perfectly complement powerful drugs to treat onychomycosis of the feet. Due to the mild effects of the plant kingdom drugs, they can stimulate local tissue immunity against pathogenic fungi, thus speeding up the treatment process. In addition, some herbs have a bactericidal effect.
The antifungal agent of medicinal plants is prepared on the basis of pure alcohol or vodka. The following combinations are most effective:
- Golden mustache + vodka (50 plant leaves for half a liter of alcohol);
- Cloves + pure alcohol (10 grams of plant flowers per 100 grams of alcohol);
- Calendula + Vodka (50 grams of plants per 200 ml of vodka).
The ready-made products from the provided components require 1-2 weeks of tinctures, after which they can be fully used. They are used in pure form by directly applying to the affected area of the leg. If you only want to use herbs to fight fungi, when using plants as a supplement to your main therapy, you should use the funds at least 3 times a day for two months-once a day for the entire month.
When getting rid of onychomycosis, a good immune stimulation will be a decoction:
- Blackberry leaf
- Oak bark
Pour 100-200 grams of the plant mixture into 1 liter of boiling water, boil the substance on the fire for about 10 minutes, and then filter the resulting medicine. In order to stimulate the body to fight fungi, the broth is taken orally 3-4 times a day, one tablespoon (preferably after meals).
Other traditional medicine methods
At the end of today's article, we will consider three more effective traditional medicine methods to fight fungi. Among the unlabeled and available antifungal drugs, we emphasize:
- Kombucha is a product used in its pure form. In order to obtain the desired results, it is necessary to apply a layer of kombucha-dipped gauze on the legs every day for 1-2 months. Preparing mushrooms is not difficult in itself, but it takes a long time-just a few liters of tea (1-2 cups) with a lot of sugar for a month is enough.
- Birch tar is a product that you can buy at any pharmacy for very little money. The application is also very simple. Apply directly to freshly washed and steamed nails. If the procedure is repeated once a day for 1-2 months, the effect can be obtained. Do not wash off the tar itself, preferably 2-3 hours. Usually, this therapy can completely kill the fungus and eliminate the development of complications.
- Propolis or essential oils are usually added to foot baths. In the case of propolis, 50 ml of a 20% alcohol solution in a bathtub is sufficient, and for essential oils-20-30 drops. By using this foot bath regularly, not only can nail damage be eliminated, but also its development can be prevented.
As you can see, it is easy to remove toenail fungus from your feet. The main content of this business is a systematic and competent approach. We hope that the information provided will help all readers treat this unpleasant disease. I wish you good health and successful disease treatment!